Friday, August 10, 2007

What's that smell?



I have no idea what it is about rodeos, but every time I go, it's like I'm coming home. I love everything about them: the horses, the lights, the bulls, the excitement . . . Oh! And of course, the cowboys!

Last night was the first time I've brought my girls to a rodeo, and at first, they weren't quite sure what to make of it. I mean, Jessie loved the animals ("Look, Mom, horsies!"), and Marina liked the rodeo clowns (especially the pint-sized son of the main clown who also had a part), but still, they didn't care for the sitting and being a little cramped and all of that. But after a while, they seemed to get into the excitement of what could happen (there was a lot of bad luck that night), and when they found out it was OK to scream as much and as loud as they wanted, well! I think that won them over right there. And Jessie has one piercing scream. =)

About half-way through the rodeo, after things had definitely gotten going and several animals and cowboys had come and gone, Marina looked at me and said, "Mom, what's that smell?" Yup, that's right . . . my girls were definitely NOT raised in the country. And when we got home late at night, Jessie said the cutest prayer to "please help all the people who fell off in the rodeo that they won't be hurt bad."

No comments: