Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The rest of April

So April has gone and with it three more birthdays in our family that I totally didn't update. I didn't even show you the cool cake I made Sim for his "friend party". So here is my attempt at getting caught up . . . just so I feel better. =)

Here's the Sim-Bug's birthday cake. He had a fish party, kind of. It degenerated until the only thing fishy about it was the cake, but it was fun to make and eat. The waves are fruit rollups cut up (I found out after attempting my first cut that those rollups had to be chilled to let themselves be cut), and then we just used Swedish fish to swim in our icing waves. I wanted different colored gummy fish but just couldn't find them. And no, I also didn't remember to get round cake pans in time -- hence the bundt pan.


Next we had Steve's birthday. Yay! I found what I wanted at a killer sale price, so I had that much more fun shopping. Yes, we now have better access to all kinds of fattening yumminess, but no one's complaining.



My birthday came and brought with it luxury. Maybe not all over, but let me tell you, this towel is the softest, thickest, most absorbent towel i've ever met (and I've known a lot of towels, lol). Seriously, it just sucks the moisture right off without rubbing or anything. So about once I day I get to feel totally pampered.

Jenero had the last April birthday in our house (I have to say that because family implies so much more, and if we get into extended family, April really begins to look loaded with birthdays).

No comments: