Monday, May 26, 2008

Why It's Not a Good Idea to Leave When You're Down


Okay, this last Sunday (try yesterday), I was having some trouble staying at church. Hard day, physically and emotionally, and I thought, "Hey, I'm not teaching! I can go home and try to sleep this off." Well, I ended up sticking it out, and as I came to my class (that I ended up teaching because the other teacher wasn't there), one of the little boys in my class came flying at me and gave me the biggest hug! And this kid generally screams in protest at coming to class. Let me tell you, it really humbled me to be nearly knocked over by a three-year-old who was that happy to see me! Not to mention how all the other little kids left the chairs they were in to come sit nearer to me. Didn't cure the headaches, but it reconciled me to staying and winging a lesson on, "I am grateful for my ears." Gotta love Sunbeam topics!

No comments: