Thursday, October 22, 2009

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Anyone remember that show "Kids Say the Darndest Things"? I was reminded of it yesterday when Marina set us all laughing. I had asked her and Jessica to please not rough house in the living room (the only place in the house we have off-limits for rough stuff). Of course, this meant they had to get off Steve -- who was at the time squashing Sim (very carefully, lol). The girls got off and Marina looked at her rough-housing dad and said, "Dad, you're such a hipogriff!" How can you not laugh at that? Can anyone tell she's reading Harry Potter? I have to say I'm impressed that she's got the vocabulary to even know the word hypocrite, much less get it mixed up with a mythical beast. =)

This also reminded me of times when I was a kid -- when Valerie call molasses crinkles Manasses Crinkles and also the time when someone was trying to quote a Superscope Storyteller tape of the Samson story and dramatically called out, "Let me die with the Philippines!" ("Philistines" was on the tape.)

No comments: