Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Anther third grade victory!

Okay, so I don't have any pics of her surrounded by the books yet, but Jessie finished all 7 Harry Potter books last night! Yup, she read till 9:00 to finish Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (I let her stay up half an hour past her bedtime since she was so close -- how could I not when I've done that myself countless times?). Yay!! I had been downstairs exercising and she wasn't sure when I'd be up (before or after she fell asleep), so she left me a note on her door saying, "There are two girls that live here and they both have finished the whole Harry Potter series! Jessica finished it on Monday night, May 16, 2011." She and Marina (who are the two girls in that room) both finished the series in their third grade year. It's funny to see their various styles of reading, though. Marina read straight through, and it took her about five months. Jessie read many books at the same time, so the series took her a while longer; but hey! They both did it and they're both so happy about it!

1 comment:

Heidi & Derek said...

Congrats Marina! I love those books!